Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easter Basket Picks: Toddler Boys

easterpicks

Shopping for a toddler can be hard. Most of the time a new toy is only interesting for a short while and it's difficult to find something that with both delight our oldest son and keep him playing with it for longer than 3 minutes at a time. Not to mention the difficulty at gauging the age appropriateness of an object as well. My son likes to get his hands on the smaller lego blocks that would have most mothers worrying about whether or not they will find their way into a mouth (either his, or his younger siblings). So while he occasionally gets supervised play with those smaller blocks, I opted for the safer options that he can play with solo.

So, without further ado; these are my top picks for my 2 year old son's Easter basket.

1. I absolutely love everything about BlaBla Dolls plushies. My son already has a Henry doll that he loves, and I would love to add one of these to his basket, and perhaps one for his brother as well (who is current;y 5 months old). My son's favorite is the gray bunny and the fox.

2. Look! A Book! by Bob Staake is an instant favorite. So many things to look at on each page and is really coaxing some words out of our reluctant talker.

3. When You Were Small by Sara O'Leary is also wonderfully written, and the beautiful illustrations by Julie Morstad just put it over the edge.

4. Last, but certainly not least for our budding legomaniac is the toddler friendly line of Duplo Lego. I liked the bear and the canoe so that's what I went with - but there are so many other options out there. I know he'll love and more importantly play with any of them I choose.

Source: 1 / 2/ 3 / 4

No comments:

Post a Comment